Information Design Exercise 1-Quantify & Visualize Data& Exercise 2-L.A.T.C.H

5th February 2024 - 22 March 2024 (Week 1 - Week 7)

/ Wang Zilong / 0361141/

/ Information Design / Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Creative Media

/Exercise 1-Quantify & Visualize Data& Exercise 2-L.A.T.C.H

Introduction:

As my point of view, information design was initially a subset of graphic design and was often inserted into graphic design. Information design refers to information processing skills and practices, which can improve people's efficiency in applying information. More and more countries and companies are separating information design, which also prompts people to create new technologies that provide information design.


Exercise 1:Quantify & Visualise Data

For the Quantify, my chosen item is m&m beans that is much easier for me to arrange the objects into a presentable layout or chart.


pic1.1:The whole process of scientific collection and utilization of resources

This can intuitively reflect the integration and combined utilization of information. The advantages reflected in the selection of m&m beans are that they are easy to obtain, the threshold is low, and they are a better choice for display and data collection.




I initially looked for three types of beans of different sizes but the same color. However, after integrating the materials, I found that the materials of different sizes may not be conducive to my statistics and analysis, which caused some inconvenience to me. Moreover, when it came to making charts, I needed data. There is too much content for me to be collected.



So my idea is to group each beans into a square and divide it into about five groups according to different colours to facilitate my data collection. I made two tables based on the order of placement as a summary and conclusion.


      pic: the final work

Exercise 2 : L.A.T.C.H.

L.A.T.C.H could be divided to five words, which is Location / Alphabet / Time / Category / Hierarchy. For the visual poster, the theme that I selected is about GUNDAM rather than Pokémon.



pic: the illustrated body Gundam body


First of all, my understanding of Pokémon is too limited, but during the consultation process with the
teacher, I was able to switch to the theme of Gundam that I knew better. I could express the body I wanted to add and what I wanted to do in a poster. It is necessary to reflect the essence of information design and the principles of this L.A.T.C.H.


Among them, the data I collected from the One-Year War was used as the timeline as the axis of the entire poster, and then divided by time, location, and the starting point and priority of each small-scale battle to reflect the key points of this small practice test one by one. Every requirement required






Reflection

In the first two exercises of this information design, I initially realized how to find information and materials, how to reasonably plan, utilize and integrate information, and do further work to serve the final product. The subsequent assignments have laid a good foundation, which not only plays a role in this course, but also serves as a good foundation for all things related to information.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog