Information Design Project 1 Instructable Infographics Poster

  26th February 2024 - 8th March 2024 (Week 3 - Week 5)

/ Wang Zilong / 0361141 /

/ Information Design / Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Creative Media

Project 1 / Instructable Infographics Poster



Project 1: Instructable Infographics Poster

Gnocchi-----The food begins at the Roman legion 

Introduction:

First of all, the requirements I set for the teacher asked us to find a youtueber named pasta grannie on youtube. As a person who doesn’t know much about Italian food, I only have pasta and lasagna in my mind. After watching many videos, the gnocchi attracted my attention. I think this is a food full of creativity. , which can not only reflect the creativity of making food but also make people feel the joy of enjoying food.




First of all, I capture the unique dish of grannies to structure for my poster and what really matters is to educate the audience let them know all the information inside the poster without watching the video. Moreover, in order to meet the requirements to make a picture worth a thousand words, I have to reflect the following:
  • To transmit or communicate a message. 
  • To present large amounts of information in a compact and easy-to-understand way. 
  • To reveal the data. Discovering cause-effect relations, knowing what’s happening. 
  • To periodically monitor the evolution of certain parameters. 
As for the theoretical part, I am going to use the L.A.T.C.H. principle and others that I have acquired in exercise 2.


Research:

The main ingredient for the gnocchi is semi-gluten flour, egg and potatoes etc. When it comes to showing the steps, I decided to illustrate it by imitating a flow chart, from raw materials to finished food, which is considered to be the most important part to educate the audience.

After repeatedly watching videos of pasta grannie and combining the research I did online with some Italian bloggers’ homemade cooking videos, I came up with the following ingredient list for gnocchi:


1.Flour (0.5 cup)
2.Potato flour (1 tablespoon)
3.Half-fat cheese (250g)
4.Egg(1)
5.Thyme (1 teaspoon)



pic1.1:the picture that I searched online


Another indispensable part for the content of the poster is about the process to make the food, I researched online and found out some result are quite different from others

I mainly follow the process that video shows. The first step is to put the potatoes in a steamer and cook them. The next step is to grind the potatoes into powder with a special instrument. Then mix them evenly with flour and salt, and then stir After smoothening, stretch into strips and then cut into pieces, and finally apply palm oil to finish.


pic 1.2 the main process when cooking gnocchi




After completing the description of the steps, I thought that this was food with Italian characteristics, so I thought of leaving a little too much space in the typography, so I added the Italian territory, Italian landmarks and Italian representative plants.



pic 1.3 final work of the poster 


Conclusion:

After completing Exercise 1 and 2, I have a certain understanding of the LATCH theory. When I implemented it when designing posters, I discovered the importance of integrating information. For information design, I need to spend more time on research. , how to plan and use massive amounts of knowledge, and display it in different forms, so that a poster can contain 1,000 words of information, and master and understand the essentials of information design in the middle of the study








Comments

Popular posts from this blog